Butler County Juror AccommodationsPublic Parking for Jury Duty
Special Accommodations For Jury Duty
- Public parking in downtown Butler is always at a premium. Limited parking is available in the Tier Garage.
- DO NOT park at any meter in the Tier Garage that has a bag over it indicating that it is for "Monthly Permit" parking.
- Public Parking lots are located at McKean Street and East Diamond Street, Cunningham Street and Jefferson Street, Main Street next to the TW Phillips Office Building, and North Street next to the City Building. Butler County provides parking passes for lots and tiers only.
- On-street parking is available throughout the city wherever there is a parking meter. Please be sure to put enough money in the meter for the full day. Jurors may not be able to go to their cars to put additional funds into the meter.
- Butler County will not be responsible for any parking tickets.
To Report An Absence
- Butler County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Access to jury service is available to all persons as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- If you are a juror with a disability and are in need of accommodations, please call (724)284–5297 no later than 7 days prior to your appearance date.
If illness, injury, or an emergency prevents your attendance, call the office of the Jury Commissioners at (724)284-5297 between the 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM. Juror Payments
In accordance with State law, a juror summoned to serve shall receive compensation at the rate of $9.00 a day for the first three days of service and $25.00 a day for each day thereafter. In addition, jurors shall be compensated for mileage at the rate of $.17 per mile from your residence address. (Please note that this is not normally considered income for tax purposes). Generally, jurors are paid within ten working days of the last day of attendance.